Thursday, January 3, 2008

Nick Khoo - NewLife PJ

This year’s youth camp for NLRC themed Get Real was really the best camp I ever had. On the first day of camp, I didn’t really feel the Holy Spirit’s presence on me. I was a little disappointed but I didn’t mind because there was going to be the Youth Rally on the next day. When the time came, I sang with all my voice during the praise and worship but still didn’t feel much. I felt sad and frustrated because I had the feeling that I’m not doing enough for God.

Sunday was the day for church visitation. My group went to the FGA church. We were warmly welcomed by the pastor, Pastor Bernard Teh. During the praise and worship, I felt very, very tired because I used all my energy on the previous night during the rally. I almost slept during worship and couldn’t focus.

Monday was truly an extraordinary day. First of all, we had the community project where we visited an orphanage named Jesus Care Centre. The children there touched me. They woke up extra early to prepare and waiting for our arrival. When we arrived, they were a little shy but soon got along with us. We played games with them and we can tell that they really enjoyed it.

The next thing was the worship that night. When we sang the song ‘Lord I Give you my Heart’, I broke down in tears and I was really touched by V Sheng’s short talk about doubting the Holy Spirit. I was so touched and I kneeled down while crying and worshipping God. I regretted breaking so many promises to God. While we were in our cell groups, I cried again while sharing. My cell members really helped me and I really appreciated their help. I was fully satisfied that night.

On the next day, I lost my voice. That was expected after all the praising and worshipping God. I didn’t mind because I lost it for God. This is my testimony.

No comments: