Thursday, January 3, 2008

Charmaine - New Life PJ

The most memorable item of this camp was the Get Real session, something very different from the stuff we’ve done in past camps. Yes, it is good to see that we are not alone in many instances. Also, maybe it was listening to instructions, maybe the prompting of the Spirit or maybe the desire to see a change in myself caused me to really share from the heart and I believe the same for everyone in my circle too. It was good and necessary realisation of the thing I hold dear to my heart and keep secrets of. I think some things I needed to hear myself say aloud. It was really a time of getting real with myself. Also, go to learn things about people I know, and admire their strength and character. Preparation for talent time also taught me lessons. Wonderful to see how every group member put their best foot forward despite being seemingly unparticipative at first. Pastor Ron’s sermon about knowing our identity in God was an assurance from God and the last night of worship was wonderful with the very tangible presence of God. Gathering together with cell members after that was good as we got to listen to everyone’s return to God, repentance, and how everyone realised that God’s real and of His unfailing love. Funny thing is, everyone was going through similar experiences and it was good to hear that whatever we did and went through were forgiven and God saw everything, yet continued and continues to love us. Learnt much from listening to members share. The whole cell group made a pact to re-commit ourselves to God and everyone agreed that it was a truly refreshing time. As far as getting real with God, ourselves and the people around us, we really did it here. Praise the Lord!

No comments: