Thursday, January 3, 2008

Grace Lai - NewLife PJ

"Get Real" was this year's camp theme and I felt that it was a very appropriate theme for this camp. I feel that this is the year where all of us come out from our shells and get real with ourselves.. get real with the inner us.. get real with God.. I believe that a lot of the campers including myself had felt a touch from God and had rededicate our lives and heart to God.

I guess i started the year feeling spiritually dry. I couldn't always feel God's presence. I came to this camp not expecting much so I didnt feel the excitement everyone was feeling. But after meeting eveyone who was going to the camp i felt much better.

During this camp, I got to know many other people from other daughter churches and visitors. We had our firs session with Hock. Hock explained to us that God wanted HIS copyright back from us, God doesn't want us to control our lives, He wants us to give Him our hearts and lives back to God. I felt very convicted because i felt like i have been controlling my own life at my own pace without thinking about what God wanted me to do. That night, I give my copyright back to God.

The time when i actually had a lot of fun was during the period of preparation for talent time. When we were brainstorming on what to perform, that was when i got to know all of my team members better. We had a great time performing and we emerged as the winners. I love all my team members to bits because they are all so AWESOME!!

On the first two nights of worship i was drenched in the presence of God and I could feel God being so real to me. However on the third night, I felt God's presence leave me. On the fourth night, I could not feel God with me, I grew frustrated and called on the Lord desperately. It was during the final song when God answered my calls. I started to have mixed feelings stirring in my heart, I felt a sense of repentence and sadness in my heart because I have not been putting God as my first priority. That night Nick Wong, our song leader urged us to make a promise to God that we will stay close to God and ask God to help us not break our promise. Later on when we gathered in our cell groups for sharing, my cell leader told me that God wanted me to not feel his presence for the third night and the earlier bit of the final night's worship session so that I will be drawn closer to God.

I also enjoyed the time we had doing community projects. My group was assigned to go the Sri Kenangan old folks home. I had a good time fellowshipping with the old folks there and i felt very sad for them because their children chose to send them there. Its a really sad sight to see so many old folks there. However I was really happy that they actually responded to us and were happy to see us there.

Overall, I truly truly enjoyed the camp and was glad that I came. The camp committees had done a great job organizing this camp and a big THANK YOU goes out to all the camp committees. Above all, thank you God for being there for us throughout the camp.

No comments: