Thursday, January 3, 2008

Anonymous

Dear God, this camp has been a different experience altogether. Since the theme of the camp is Get Real, it wouldn’t be honest for me to say that I enjoyed every moment at camp. However, I won’t deny that you truly amaze me, God! From the message spoken on day 1 until the last day of camp, it truly seemed that you knew exactly what I was struggling with and met me where I needed you most.

God, I realise how hard it is to be real and realise I would rather lie and pretend than to express what I really feel in fear that it would hurt other people’s feelings.

Only you would know the loneliness and dejection I felt. Only you would know that I was really hurt by them although all they see is my plastered smile. Only you would know how much I wish I could just disappear into thin air than to be a lost sheep in the group. Only you would know the many questions that run through my head on what I am doing in this camp if all I’m going feel is rejection and feeling so left out.

But God, at the end of it all, this camp was something I really needed. Pastor Ron Hee’s message about our identity in God reminded me that my boast is being a child of yours. The Sunday sermon by Pastor Hock made me realise I’ve been running away from You. I’ve always wanted to do things my way only to find out that the only way it should be done is yours.

It’s hard, Lord. It really is so hard to say that I will go where you send me but then again, I know I can never run away from your will for my life. To Get Real, I’m honestly afraid and quite reluctant to walk a certain path but I can’t pretend any longer. I can’t ignore your call anymore. I can’t turn away because through out this entire camp, you were speaking so clearly. Thank you Lord.

Thank you for the camp committee who work so hard to make this camp happen. Thank you for the friends you’ve placed in my life. Thank you for all you’ve done.

Truly, the community project to the old folk’s home was an invaluable experience. It opened my eyes to the whole new side of things. I talked to the old folks there and it really made me look at life from a different viewpoint. There was a particular woman called Irene who was so passionate about spreading the Gospel although she is partially blind and have heart problems. It made me realise that we should not take our health for granted. And one thing she said really struck me, she said when we finally go to heaven to meet God, you wouldn’t be asking us whether we married our dream man or woman but you would ask us what have we done for you with our life you’ve given us on earth.

It really made me ponder and I really do want my life to be pleasing to you. And if there’s anyone I should please, it’ll be You and I want to make You proud of me. Send me, I will go. But give me your strength and wisdom and never ever leave me. That’s all I need.

The loneliness and isolation I felt during this camp is a blessing in disguise. I believe all that came as an answered prayer when I ask you to break my heart for what break yours. Through that hurt, I know and am reminded that I would not let anyone feel that way if I can help it. Through that experience, I’m more sensitive to those around me as I was able to empathise with them. Through that process, I realise how much you suffered for me. When you went to the cross and bore the weight of the world.

What happen at camp was only 0.01% of what you had to go through and yet I felt scarred by it. I could never comprehend your amazing love that you were willing to be rejected and led to the cross by your own people that you created.

Thank you Lord. Thank you. Thank you for your amazing presence at camp, the awesome word, the wonderful friends, the invaluable experience, the good food, the caring committee and pastors and so much more. Truly have been blessed by this camp and looking forward for more in the near future. Loves.

No comments: