Thursday, January 3, 2008

James Tan - NewLife PJ

I think this year’s camp will truly be my best camp I ever been in. let’s start. I got to be in the committee because Hock saw me coming for dawn prayer in August and asked me to join. I accepted his offer but keep telling myself this will be a very stressful job but I thought in my head that God wanted me to be part of the committee. When Nick HEE our leader asked us to do a skit, I was very scared because I was have stage fright. Needless to say I in the end was the main guy in it. The reason I took that role of JACK was because I felt that his life is like mine. I want to be honest. I am a FAKE Christian. I used to tell my friends to not do this and to do this while I am being those people who does bad things. Don’t worry I don’t smoke, don’t do drugs and ponteng class. I just felt that I have different personalities with different people. Moving on to the preparation for camp. I was so touched that all the committee really bonded so well until we became very close friends. I was really happy that God indeed with us in every decision we made and every suggestions we did.

Moving forward even more, the whole committee were very nervous before every camper came. First the bus driver didn’t want to drive , then the busses separated, and then one bus didn’t stop. In the end , everyone arrived at the same time. I really thank God. Through the first session I really thanked God that everything went well. I learned a lot in the first day . I was talking to my cell leader about submitting to your leaders and he gave some advice . To tell you the truth I was really downed in the first 2 days of camp . Maybe you could see me being friendly with the campers but I was really downed during camp. Well my friend gave me a statement which was really encouraging, its God saying “I put you in trials because I trust you”. I think God was really REAL in saying that because I was going through a hard trial lately but I think I manage to pass it .

Moving to the sessions and other stuffs. I was really touched by the praise and worship and I KNOW the last night’s was really the best where the God really came and touched us. Although , I wasn’t touched by God that time but I felt I did my part in making sure the rest were OK.. get me?? Anyways that’s bout it

From your friendly-gud looking-camp commander

No comments: