Thursday, January 3, 2008

Jason Kon - NewLife PJ

The Lord has been teaching me and minister to the young people in new ways. Through different sessions and activities, God has brought me through lessons teaching me when to rise up, when to stand back, when to be present, and when to opt out of things.

By putting me with many different young people over an extended period, he has taught me all these lessons quickly, debriefing me after each lesson and teaching me how to be more effective. Sometimes God wants me broken, crying my eyeballs out like little girl who lost her lolly and other times He wants me to just stand back and attend to those He has touched and those bawling their corneas off their faces.

As a recently employed person, God has reminded me as a youth leader that youth ministry is exactly where he wants me to be. My domain, my Emirates Stadium. And as far as God is concerned, the young people, though some almost a decade younger than I, will always be my homies.

No comments: